Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy 16th Birthday Michael!

Yes! Can you believe Michael is 16 years old? And what's more, can you believe I am old enough to have a 16 year old!?! Here's a picture of Mike on his 16th birthday blowing out the candles on his sad little cake. It's his favorite cake, but alas, I messed it up and forgot the vinegar and baking soda which makes it rise. It felt and tasted like a brick!
Michael also celebrated with his friends by giong out to a movie and pizza and all night party. I didn't get any pictures because we were to make ourselves scarce for the festivities.
Here is Michaels "Top 10" for 2009- in no particular order....
1. Xbox 360 (he is actually saving up for this, almost there!)
2. Wii
3. Nintendo DS
4. Computer games (are you seeing a pattern here?)
5. Playing the piano
6. Drawing and sketching
7. Sword fighting (he calls it exercise)
8. Visiting family in Utah
9. Travelling- he's been to 39 of the 50 states
10. Eating
Happy birthday Michael! We love you and hope you had a great day!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Michael! I can't believe he is now 16 (and he better be sweet 16!). what a great kid you've raised.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I have a lot of those same top 10 too! Love your kids! Love my Mike! Sounds like a fun party and that cake looked WAY yummy ... just let the frosting soak in and you're good! Mmmmmmm chocolate!

Myrna said...

Happy birthday! We love you very much and cannot believe that you are 16. It was just the other day that we went for a walk and you wanted to be held and fell asleep in my arms. I carried you back home. Now you could carry me.